Justice Ventures International (JVI) partners with local organizations and global stakeholders to bring freedom, justice, and restoration to men, women, and children suffering from human trafficking and other forms of extreme injustice. Through partnerships, our work is effective, efficient, scalable and sustainable.
The Power of Partnerships In Bihar, India
One of our current projects is the Bihar Sustained Freedom Project. Bihar is one of the poorest states in India and a major source and destination for human trafficking. The magnitude of human trafficking in Bihar is alarming. According to official sources, 4,000 children are trafficked in Bihar every month.* Bihar also serves as a transit and destination state for trafficking of women and children from Nepal and Bangladesh for sexual exploitation. Widespread poverty in Bihar makes families vulnerable to being exploited through various forms of forced labour. Other contributing factors are lack of education and literacy among the children due to their need to drop out of school in order to help support their families. These vulnerabilities are further exacerbated by the caste-based discrimination, unsafe migration, unequal treatment of women and girls, apathy, corruption and natural disasters like flooding.
- Protect and assist victims and prosecute traffickers through legal casework.
- Sensitize and equip local nonprofit organizations and government officials to rescue, restore and protect victims through human rights training.
- Transform unjust systems into systems that protect vulnerable communities through advocacy.
- Ensure sustained freedom, justice and restoration for human trafficking survivors by strengthening the capacity of local “freedom businesses” and other justice organizations.
Recent Project Reports:
- Five Brothels Raided
- 161 Rescued From Brick Kiln
- 15 Rescued From International Trafficking
- 293 Labor Trafficking Victims Freed
Partnerships are the heartbeat of JVI.
We are thankful for our many partners in Northern, India that collaborate to provide freedom, justice and restoration; including a consortium of NGO’s through the Human Liberty Network and a wide range of other faith-based and secular organizations.
What can you do?
Partner with us to provide the necessary funds to support the Bihar Sustained Freedom Project.
You can become a sustained freedom partner in 2019 with a monthly gift of $50 or more.
Together, we can provide freedom, justice and restoration to those suffering from human trafficking and other forms of extreme injustice.